Advertising and Politics: Barak Obama's First General Election Ad
posted by Paco
at
2:02 PM
1 Comments
So here it is. The beginning of the general election. Take a look at Obama's first general election ad and notice all the details and the number of issues he's trying to highlight or combat. What story is his campaign trying to tell? What potential areas of weakness do they expect the McCain campaign to attack and how do they try to preempt his attacks? Notice things like the fact that he's not wearing a tie (or American flag pin) -- what are they trying to get across with a more casual presentation? Interesting stuff. I hate the music though.
![]()
1 Comments:
Also interesting to note that he gets the "I approve this message" worked into the script so that he can end on a more meaningful thought "this is the country I love" instead of a cold legal disclaimer.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home